Lynk - Privacy privacy
Net Global Taxis Ltd – trading as Lynk (We,
us, our, as applicable) are committed to protecting and respecting your
This policy (together with our end-user licence
- the Lynk mobile application software (App) that we make available via certain third party distribution platforms selected by us (App Store), once you have downloaded a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device) laptop or desktop.
This policy sets out the basis on which any
personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed
by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and
practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The information we collect from or about
drivers, transport service operators or any other contractors, agents,
suppliers and third parties that provide services through the App or Services
Site (Service Providers) is not covered by this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act, the
data controller is Lynk, a company registered in Ireland Whose registered
company address is City House, Newmarket, Dublin 8.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App or Services Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes personal information and other information you provide when you register to use the Services Site, download or register the App, book a taxi or otherwise use any of the Services, make an in-App purchase, share data via an App's social media functions, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with an App or the Services Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device's phone number, age, username, password and other registration information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your Device. Each time you visit the Services Site or use the App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device's wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use and time zone setting;
- information stored on your Device, including
contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other
digital content and check ins;
- details of your use of the App or the Services
Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and
other communication data, whether this is required for billing purposes or
otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Location information. We may also use GPS
technology, WiFi, cell phone signals, iBeacons (which use Bluetooth) to
determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require
your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular
feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by amending the operating system
settings on your Device. We also collect location information that you
share with us using the App such as pick-up, drop-off or street addresses that
you have bookmarked using the App.
- Information we receive from other sources. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the Services, including processing your booking requests with Service Providers, processing your payments for those bookings and providing you with customer support.
- To improve the Services we provide to you and
the App for example by personalising the Services or making the booking process
- To contact you and to provide information that
you request from us, including service related messages (e.g. reminders and
messages notifying you when your taxi has arrived).
- To display advertising or to send marketing
directly to you in accordance with the law, including ensuring that
content is presented as effectively as possible for you and creating
reports to assist with future marketing;
- For our internal purposes, such as quality
control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of the App
and the Services Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- to enable you to participate in any interactive
features of the App and Services when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of the App and Services
Site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and
browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to
our advertisers. This is statistical information about our users’
browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We collect non-personal aggregated statistics
data about the App and Services Site and sales and traffic patterns. Just
to be clear, this information does not identify users in any personal capacity
and we do not use this information to build profiles on individual users: it
just contains generalised information about the users of the App and Services
We may associate any category of information
with any other category of information and will treat the combined information
as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your information:
- To third party Service Providers that provide the transportation services you request using the App, including their contractors, so that they can perform those services. This information includes your precise location, name, telephone number and email address.
- To other third party Service Providers that
provide certain features and functionality of the App, Services and Services
Site, for example payment processing services, mapping and location services
and booking platform service providers through which transportation Service
Providers administer and manage their bookings.
- To any member of our group, which means our
subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in
section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006. All members of our group will
- We are affiliated to the Riide group, an
international association of taxi companies, which allows clients and app users
to seamlessly book taxis by phone, app, web or any other means with Riide’s
affiliated companies in other countries, both in and outside the EU.
- Taxi booking data is shared with our affiliates when a booking is made in an affiliate’s geographical area. Please note that bookings made outside of the EU may initiate a transfer of data to a country that does not provide the same level of data protection as provided under EU law.
We may also disclose your information to other
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Lynk or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
- In order to:
contracts with Service Providers and other agreements or to investigate
potential breaches; or
- Protect the rights, property or safety of Lynk, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We store your personal data
The data that We collect from you may be
transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area
(EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who
work for us or for one of our suppliers. These staff may be engaged in the
fulfilment of your request, order or reservation, the processing of your
payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your
personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take
all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and
All information you provide to us is stored on
our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen
third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using
Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where We have given you (or where you have
chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Services
Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you
not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information
via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to
protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data
transmitted to our Services Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We
have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security
features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your
Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5)
and other technology.
Certain Services may include social networking
or other interactive features. Please ensure when using these features
that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen,
collected or used by other users.
You have the right to ask us not to process your
personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before
collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We
intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You
can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on
the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any
time by contacting us using the contact information set out in the Contact
Our Services Site may, from time to time,
contain links to and from the applications and websites of our partner
networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites
on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any
of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be
accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not
accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal
data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact
and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal
data to these websites or use these services.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to
access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in
accordance with that Act. You may access, view and amend your account
information by using the settings feature within the App.
the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you
by SMS, by e-mail or when you next start the App or log onto one of the
Services Sites. The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be
required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the